Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the four given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
1. (A) Looking for an exit from increasing family pressure to marry, Chawla had a chance meeting with an NRI family friend.
(B) How did she transform herself from a bubbly, gregarious child into a supremely focused adult who steered clear of the limelight ?
(C) After hearing her rant against matrimony at that stage, the friend suggested that she pursue studies in the US.
(D) It was entirely her indomitable will which brought her to the US in the first place.
(1) ACDB (2) BDAC (3) BCDA (4) BDCA
2. (A) As he says, "somewhere the ghost has to find its resting place."
(B) Filmmaker Shyam Benegal, who is making a film on Netaji's last five years, has carefully made his story leap across the flight from Singapore, to pick up the thread again at the British-arranged trial of the INA accused in 1946.
(C) While it is bound to throw up as many surprises, the ultimate issue is whether it can decide if Netaji died in the Taihoku crash.
(D) The Mukherjee Commission was set up for a period of six months but it is unlikely that it will wind up before mid- 2004.
(1) CBAD (2) ABDC (3) BADC (4) DCBA
3. (A) The payment of claim is made through third party administrators who have been empanelled by the company to provide hassle free admission and discharge from the network hospital without making any payment.
(B) This policy provides from cashless hospitalisation in India for the treatment of any illness or disease or accidental injury (not specifically excluded) suffered during the policy period.
(C) For obtaining a Mediclaim policy the proposal form and insured person's details form and submit two latest stamp sized coloured photographs of each family member to be insured.
(D) The reimbursement of domiciliary hospitalisation claims will also be paid through the TPA
(1) BADC (2) BDAC (3) CDBA (4) CBAD
4. (A) She stayed focused and maintained her dignity right through this inquiry process despite some very obvious whisperings and finger pointing.
(B) Then Kalpana Chawla joined NASA and in 1997 we had another Indian in space.
(C) By being assigned another space mission she stood completely vindicated of those baseless innuendos.
(D) She was to visit Delhi after that first flight but the trip did not materialize as Kalpana was required to assist in an inquiry resulting from a manoeuvre that went all wrong while she was deploying a payload under her charge.
(1) BCDA (2) CABD (3) CBDA (4) BDAC
5. (A) Your little girl.
(B) She’s made the last twenty one years seem like twenty one weeks.
(C) Hidden inside the woman is a little girl.
(D) You’ve watched her grow from pigtails, to jeans, to sarees.
(1) CADB (2) DBCA (3) DCBA (4) ADCB
1.(2) 2.(4) 3.(1) 4.(4) 5.(1)