KERALA PSC/UPSC/BANK CLERK-PO/IFC English Grammar Exercise-12
Complete these sentences with the most appropriate word or expression from A, B or C.
1. Although she had a first degree from university, she decided that she wanted to work
towards a --------- degree later in life.
A) further B) senior C) higher
2. We should make the best of every ----------- to learn.
A) chance B) opportunity C) availability
3. Nowadays, --------------- education is promoted a lot in schools.
A) body B) health C) vitality
4. A large number of parents are dissatisfied with the -------- education system and put their
children into private schools instead.
A) government B) national C) state
5. Because so many students find exams stressful, some colleges offer a system of ----------
A) continual B) continuous C) ongoing
6. He has read a lot of books and ------------ a lot of knowledge.
A) acquired B) won C) achieved
1=C 2=B 3=B 4=C 5=B 6=A