KERALA PSC/UPSC/BANK CLERK-PO/IFC English Grammar Exercise-9
Complete these sentences with the most appropriate word or expression from A, B or C.
1. Some political parties have such similar manifestos that they are difficult to --------------.
A) tell apart B) say apart C) speak apart
2. My friends and I enjoy doing many of the same things. In that respect we have a lot --------.
A) in similar B) in particular C) in common
3. There seems to be a large ---------- between the number of people employed in service industries, and those employed in the primary sector.
A) discriminate B) discretion C) discrepancy
4. British and Australian people share the same language, but other respects they are as different as -----------.
A) cats and dogs B) chalk and cheese C) salt and pepper
5. Britain’s economy is largely based on its industry, ----------- a few hundred years ago it was an agrarian country.
A) wherefore B) whereas C) whereby